Monday, February 28, 2011

Furcadia

Nope, skipping the introduction today too! It's for another time. Onto the real post!

I love Furcadia!

There, I said it, and I'm not in the least bit ashamed of myself. Do you want to know why? 

I've been a Furcadia user (mostly regular, but sometimes intermittent), for about 10 of its 12 years in business. I recently came back in January to discover new changes; Nagas, Humans, all sorts of nobles, ferians, and most importantly; the ability to afford digos! Well; I could in January before I lost my job, but that's beside the point.

Furcadia's options have now opened wider, and stretch much farther than ever before. I am endlessly impressed by Talzhemir's ability and willingness to keep coming up the fresh ideas that evolve and change the world of Furcadia into something more and more people can enjoy for tons of different reasons. I think it's time to get truly re-invested, with a whole new slew of characters I've previously created. Ones who are much more developed and mature than ones who came before, and indeed very lovable. I hope my closest friends are as excited about this prospect as I am, and can get as interested as I've always been.

I guess I've always sung the praises of Furcadia, but why shouldn't I? I love it so and cannot possibly get enough when I'm playing it, when given so many options. There's some sort of magic to it that I can't really pinpoint, and I've met so many friends and acquaintances, as well as made great memories.. why stop? I've heard people dissing on it lately, complaining that so many people spend their time in AFK or Idle mode, but so what? They did that in the first place, people have lives outside Furcadia too! But now there's an actual mode where the characters turn monochromatic and have a symbol above their heads that tells you they're not about. It's great! It means you don't waste your time trying to role-play with a wall.

To sum up I'm likely going to spend a lot more time Dream Hopping and trying to get friends involved with the game that really kickstarted Rp for me. Those who Rp with me now might not realize that my polished roots came from a silly game inhabited by furries and mythical beasts, and I'm sorry if this somehow taints anything for you.

I guess I really only Rp with one person that much anyway these days, so the risk of tainting myself is hopefully very low.

Furcadia!
Kuruskt's Furc Status


No comments:

Post a Comment